Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Claim to Fame

I know I have been seriously neglecting the blog, part of it has to do with me not having much to talk about except a bunch of crap science days that are starting to hit me so hard and fast I feel like I am playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out. But I digress. While I was in Atlanta visiting my sister, she mentioned that she had brought with her a bunch of pictures that were at my mom's place from my childhood years. Most of them are from my baby years all the way to when I was about 8 years old and they mostly provide a good way for me to reminisce about some fun trips and friendships that I lost between going to boarding school and landing here. One of the most amusing pictures is the one shown below.


I look to be about 6 or 7 years old in the picture (fourth from the left). The cool part about the picture is the kid that is standing to my right on the picture, or third kid from the left in the picture. His name is Gerardo Torrado. He is now a professional soccer player and a pretty good one at that. He has been playing for the Mexican National soccer team for the past few years (since 1999), accumulating 45 international caps. My memories of our shared soccer-playing days in grade school are limited to playing against his team as well as having the entire team try to keep him from touching the ball. He was one of the best kids playing soccer then, if I remember correctly, he was playing in more than one league from very early on. Not very exciting I know, but I feel good knowing that I was once on the same pitch as someone that now plays for the Mexican National soccer team

1 comment:

Nate M. said...

Dude, that's awesome.

And no need to apologize on your blog negligence. I'm thinking about shutting down mine for the summer.