Sunday, February 1, 2009

Screwing around

We are having a wonderful winter day in TN, think sunny, Carolina blue skies, and 60 degrees. Yep, just your regular winter day in the SE end of the US of A. Anyhow, I was out in the back yard screwing around with my Xmas/birthday gift and after playing around in Photoshop for a bit, I wanted to post these 2 pix. They are not all that great, but I was glad that I did something right by cranking up the Fstop and going as far as I could with the shutter speed without totally bleaching the picture. The color pictures are actually kind of boring, unless you are a pine tree aficionado, but I thought inverting the pictures and framing them (thanks Nate!) improved them some. Anyhow, these are my lame attempts at some creative photography on a beautiful day. The thumbnails are ok, but click on the image to get the full view.



2 comments:

Nate M. said...

Glad to see that you are getting a chance to play around with the camera. I am especially fond of the second shot. There's a lot of texture to it.

Oh, and I hope that Natalie wasn't making Stella too stressed with all her screaming and yelling during the Steelers' Super Bowl victory!

mainou said...

It was so nice yesterday it would've been a pity to stay inside the entire day.

Stella was pretty stressed by the end of the game, but I think managed ok. It was pretty low key around here.